back to careers
An AEquitas Attorney Advisor serves as an expert technical assistance provider to prosecutors and allied justice professionals through the provision of training, direct assistance, research, resources, multidisciplinary collaboration, as well as the writing of articles. An Attorney Advisor researches the latest case law and legislation on issues related to the prosecution of sexual violence, intimate partner violence, stalking, human trafficking, and related crimes. An Attorney Advisor also identifies innovative programs, procedures, and strategies; provides technical assistance and case consultation to prosecutors and allied criminal justice professionals; develops materials and provides training for local, state, national, and international audiences; and synthesizes research to write articles and contribute to resources, training materials, and other legal publications. Attorney Advisors are “on call” for technical assistance 24 hours a day for one week on a rotating basis and are expected to travel both nationally and internationally as needed. All Attorney Advisors report directly to the AEquitas Director.
Knowledge and Abilities
- J.D. and state or federal bar membership.
- Significant criminal prosecution experience, including jury trial experience, at the state or local level (5+ years preferred).
- Substantive, specialized knowledge and experience in prosecution of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and/or human trafficking cases.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good judgment.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- Teaching and training experience desired.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to use a computer to draft documents, perform research, and communicate with staff and other individuals.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proposal writing and grant management experience helpful.
- Sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations.
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment by fostering positive working relationships among peers.